Alexandre Herculano School
With the lyceum reform of the early twentieth century, two large high schools were created in Porto and Alexandre Herculano School was one of them. In its first years, this school passed through several places in the city, namely «rua das Taipas» and «rua de Santo Ildefonso». In 1921, Alexandre Herculano School occupied its actual location, in «Avenida de Camilo». The building was designed by the renowned Porto architect José Marques da Silva. It has a tripartite plan with emphasis on the central pavilion that is indented over the others, maintaining a great aesthetic unity. Due to the increasing number of students, renovations were carried out throughout the twentieth century (Source: Jorge Ricardo Pinto (2011), Bonfim - Território de Memórias e Destinos).