College of Orphans of Porto
The old College of Orphans of Porto, firstly know as Royal College of Orphans of Our Lady of Grace, was founded in «Cordoaria», near Clérigos Church and Tower, in 1651 by a priest from Porto called Baltazar Guedes. In 1903, the college was transferred to its actual location. There it was located the Diocesan Seminary of Porto that was in ruins since late-nineteenth century. In 1951, the Management and Administration of the College of Orphans of Porto was given to the Salesians by the Municipality of Porto. Next to the building, there is the Chapel of Our Lady of Grace, which was blessed on 31st of August 1906 and renovated on 31st of January 2012 (Source: Jorge Ricardo Pinto (2011), Bonfim - Território de Memórias e Destinos).
Address: Largo do Padre Baltazar Guedes, s/n, 4300-059 Porto
GPS coordinates: 41.1413551, -8.5954828
Opening hours: -
Contacts: (+351) 225 898 250 |
Accessible to people with reduced mobility: No