Former Textile Factory of Bonfim
In 1890, an industrial inquiry carried out in the District of Porto identified the existence of a cotton factory with 14 employees in rua do Bonfim, being one among many other factories that existed in that street. The factory was managed by Carlos da Silva Ferreira who, in 1882, decided to build this building next to his textile factory. Later on, the building and the factory was owned by Manuel Pinto de Azevedo, who conducted the industrial expansion of his textile and spinning factory, turning the business into a small empire. During the twentieth century, the factory suffered several operations of improvement and expansion, some of them designed by the architects Manuel da Silva Passos Júnior and Leandro de Morais, both disciples of Marques da Silva (Source: Jorge Ricardo Pinto (2011), Bonfim - Território de Memórias e Destinos).
Address: Rua do Bonfim, no. 326, 4300-067, Porto
GPS coordinates: 41.150200, -8.595203
Opening hours: -
Accessible to people with reduced mobility: -