Manor House of Sacais
Manor House of Sacais was once called Manor House of Captivo for having belonged to the Bishop of Porto D. Aires da Silva who was thought to be captive of the Moors during The Battle of Ksar El Kebir. In fact, this property was only known as Manor House of Sacais after the eighteenth century. A priest named Agostinho Rebelo da Costa wrote that next to this property there was another belonging to António José Guimarães whose house is now occupied by the Porto Military Museum (rua do Heroísmo, no. 329). From 1914 to 1919 the building held the Bishop’s Palace while it was owned by the brothers António and Francisco Borges, founders of Borges & Irmão Bank (Source: Jorge Ricardo Pinto (2011), Bonfim - Território de Memórias e Destinos).
Address: Rua de António Granjo, 219-243, 4300-096 Porto
GPS coordinates: 41.1480664, -8.5955105
Opening hours: -
Accessible to people with reduced mobility: Yes