This building is considered one of the oldest buildings in Bonfim due to the fact that it was built in the eighteenth century to be a slaughterhouse of the city of Porto. After the relocation of this slaughterhouse and some adaptation and restoration, the building was occupied by a social asylum that was established in Porto in 1836. In the mid-nineteenth century, the building held one of the first industrial exhibitions of Porto (Source: Jorge Ricardo Pinto (2011), Bonfim - Território de Memórias e Destinos).
Address: Alameda das Fontainhas, 1, 4000-235, Porto
GPS coordinates: 41.143228, -8.601532
Opening hours: -
Accessible to people with reduced mobility: -