Nova Sintra Baron’s Palatial House
In the mid-60s of the 19th century, the Nova Sintra Baron – José Joaquim Leite Guimarães – decided to build his residence next to his humanitarian establishment, known today as Nova Sintra Baron’s College. The plan of this property reveals a building with several floors and attic, with a stable, a fountain and camellias, typical characteristics in the residences of people who returned from Brazil. After Nova Sintra Baron’s death, in 1870, his property was owned by the Danish merchant João Henrique Andresen, owner of a distillery, a cooperage, a wine warehouse, a grinding mill and with interests in shipbuilding. The building remained in the Andresen family until the end of World War II. It was then sold to the Mining Company of Northern Portugal. Today, the building houses a Health Center (Source: Jorge Ricardo Pinto (2011), Bonfim - Território de Memórias e Destinos).
Address: Rua do Barão de Nova Sintra, 244, 4300-367, Porto
GPS coordinates: 41.145105, -8.5903449
Opening hours: -
Accessible to people with reduced mobility: -