The current Soares dos Reis School of Arts was officially established in January 1884, known at that time as Industrial Design School Faria Guimarães of Bonfim. In its first years, this school occupied instalations with few conditions for its proper activities, located in «Campo 24 de Agosto». In 1887, there was an intent to build an exclusive building for the school, however, it was then given to a charity institution of Porto. The desired exclusive facility of Soares dos Reis School of Arts only came true after four decades through the purchase of an old hat factory in 1927, located at that time in «rua da Firmeza, no. 49». This old factory has been adapted to its new functions and in 1955 the establishment was extended. In 2008, Soares dos Reis School of Arts was transferred to a building located in «rua Major David Magno». This building is now occupied by «The Artist Porto Hotel & Bistrô» and by Porto Hotel and Tourism School (Source: Soares dos Reis School of Arts).